The Ravens are coming off a bye and having their first home game in almost a month against the Panthers who are coming off a mini bye and Thursday Night victory. We discuss if Baker Mayfield and their somewhat underrated defense can challenge the Ravens in the game with the biggest Vegas spread of the week.
For this week’s episode we looked ahead at the next decade to predict the Ravens most likely to spend a majority of the decade with the team. Using the past two decades of the Ravens as a lens, we discuss the tradeoffs and hard decisions the Ravens will have to make.
Ravens who played the most seasons 2000-2009
- Ray Lewis – 10 seasons (2000-09)
- Chris McAllister – 9 seasons (2000-08)
- Matt Stover – 9 seasons (2000-08)
- Todd Heap – 9 seasons (2001-09)
- Kelly Gregg – 9 seasons (2001-09)
- Jonathan Ogden – 8 seasons (2000-07)
- Ed Reed – 8 seasons (2002-09)
- Mike Flynn – 8 seasons (2000-07)
- Edwin Mulitalo – 7 seasons (2000-06)
- Adalius Thomas – 7 seasons (2000-06)
- Bart Scott – 7 seasons (2002-08)
- Terrell Suggs – 7 seasons (2003-09)
- Jarret Johnson – 7 seasons (2003-09)
Ravens who played the most seasons 2010-2019
- Morgan Cox – 10 seasons (2010-19)
- Sam Koch – 10 seasons (2010-19)
- Marshall Yanda – 10 seasons (2010-19)
- Joe Flacco – 9 seasons (2010-18)
- Terrell Suggs – 9 seasons (2010-18)
- Jimmy Smith – 9 seasons (2011-19)
- Justin Tucker – 8 seasons (2012-19)
- Lardarius Webb – 8 seasons (2010-17)
- Brandon Williams – 7 seasons (2013-19)
- Dennis Pitta – 7 seasons (2010-2016)
With a very slight chance of making the playoffs, the Ravens are playing for pride in a matchup mostly anticipated for the storyline of Big Ben’s possible final game in the NFL. We discuss how we think the team will approach the game and if they can end the year with a winning record.
The Ravens found a way to stick with the NFC leading Packers until the very end, coming up just short on a controversial 2 point conversion in an attempt to take the lead with 42 seconds left in regulation. We break down that choice and the play that got the Ravens to that inflection point with listener Patrick.
This week we discuss John Harbaugh. It wasn’t totally clear that he’d remain the Ravens head coach during the entire 2018 season. We discuss the pros and cons of keeping Harbaugh around and if we think he is the right person to lead the Ravens during this team transition. After that discussion we pick up on listener Nick’s suggested article about Sam Koch.
The next episode will be about our favorite underrated Ravens. We’d love to hear who your favorite underrated Ravens are! You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on this post.
You can now follow the guys on Twitter @1WinningPod
To wrap up our draft content we collaborated with Jason from HuddleItUpFilms to discuss our Red Star players, aka our positional favorites. Thanks so much Jason for joining us and having us on your channel!
Jason’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuidK9Blbv4cOacBh0DO2LA
For our final ReCAP of the 2021 season, we discuss a disappointing loss in overtime to our divisional rivals, the Steelers, to propel them into the post season to give Big Ben an extra long swan song.